Feb 1 2015
It seem like it took February FOREVER to get here, once the Black Comics Month announcement was made, but it’s finally here. It’s great to see your idea come to fruition and even better seeing it work its magic. The reason for the #BlackComicsMonth idea is to spread awareness to many who had no idea of the awesome Black comic book creators and titles out there! I believed that I had the platform to spread the reach and celebrate Black comic book creators, writers and artists via Vixen Varsity. My reach is only so much, but that’s where you…the reader comes into play.
If you see something on here that makes you smile, spread the word on your social media. Share your new found knowledge of Black comic book creator or book to others so that joy can spread. Also, while you’re spreading the “gospel” make sure you support these creators, writers and artists!
There will be 28 days for Black Comics Month, not nearly enough, but enough days to share the content that myself, VixenVarsity.com writers and PeepGameComix have found. Also YOU…yes YOU, can spread the word for #BlackComicsMonth on your own, we will have daily #BlackComicsMonth chats to engage other readers and start a conversation among Black comic book lovers!
If you are a Black comic book creator, writer or artist and would like to participate with #BlackComicsMonth, please email BCM*at*VixenVarsity.com. If you know of someone who would be a perfect candidate for this online campaign, send them the email as well. Thanks!
Not only will VixenVarsity be spotlighting 28 days of Black comic book creators, we will also be giving out a HUGE giveaway! So far there are FOURTEEN items (signed comic books, posters and prints) going to a lucky BlackComicsMonth winner!
Now for the rules:
- In order to enter to win the HUGE Black Comics Month giveaway MUST FOLLOW these twitter accounts VixenVarsity, BlackComicsMonth, PeepGameComix and MizCaramelVixen on Twitter.
- You must tweet the following VIA RAFFLECOPTER WIDGET BELOW, in order to enter to win: “I’m doing my part to spread the word! #BlackComicsMonth is 28 Days of spotlighting Black comic book creators! “
- You can enter as many times you want, the more entries the better your odds, however, only entries used with RaffleCopter will qualify as an entry.
- Contest starts 2/1/15 at 12am EST to 3/1/15 12AM EST.
- 1 Winner will be picked and notified by e-mail.
- Must be 18 years of age and older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- Open to legal US Residents ONLY.
- No Purchase Necessary.
It’s going to be one fantastic #BlackComicsMonth, won’t you join us in spreading the word!