Aug 15 2015
Are you a POC comic creator looking to showcase your talent in the industry? If you answered yes, then the ELEMENTS Anthology is the perfect opportunity for you! ELEMENTS creators and editors, Taneka Stotts and Shing Yin Khor, have been working on this project for a little under a year. ELEMENTS is a comics anthology by creators of color.
Submissions for the ELEMENTS Anthology are being accepted now and will close on 8/31/15. Yes, that means you have 16 days to come up with a kickass pitch and submit it. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Here are the guidelines for the ELEMENTS Anthology, which can be read in full here.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Stories you’re afraid to tell because you don’t believe there is an audience
- Genuine characters that you feel are not represented in our current media
- Stories that fit a PG-13 rating
BUT WHAT DOES SPEC FIC MEAN?
Speculative fiction is a broad literary genre encompassing any fiction with supernatural, fantastical, or futuristic elements, notably science fiction, fantasy and horror.
- We are not looking for completed comics. However, if you have one completed that is great, please send along a sample page when the submission section opens along with the required information.
- Please make sure you have a completed creative team unless you are pitching solo.
- You will need a synopsis of your comic, character descriptions, and a rough estimate of how many pages your story will be.The maximum we are looking for is up to 15 pages.
You must be 18 or older to submit to Elements.
A few of the submissions instructions are below, more information can be found here
SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
- A TITLE or WORKING TITLE (a working title if you haven’t committed to a title is always fine)
- A PAGE COUNT (3 – 15 with your best guess in mind for your story)
- A SYNOPSIS (with any themes or breakdowns of your story you would like to share)
- CHARACTER INFO (descriptions or sketches are fine)
What are you waiting for? Good luck everyone!